I had visions of a window covered in these Sunny Seats. Cats everywhere. Jumping from bed to bed. Fighting, hissing, and shedding. My night was ruined. I turned off the TV and went to sleep. Little did I know that those evil little cats were waiting for me in my nightmares. Just in case it wasn't clear. I hate cats.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Monday, March 29, 2010
- Make 2 REAL quilts. (One for me and one for someone else)
- Travel somewhere new.
- Read 3 Classics. (Gone with the Wind, Anna Karenina, and Les Miserables)
- Learn how to bake bread.
- Fill at least one journal.
- Take a road trip to somewhere that isn't "just off of I15".
- Write someone a REAL letter. (Maybe a prisoner...?)
- Find an amazing volunteer opportunity.
- Buy a laptop.
- Move/have a REAL plan to move far far away.
- Perfect the application of eyeliner w/o the use of a Q-tip.
- See 6 plays that I have never seen before.
- Buy some bright red pumps.
- Relearn how to play the piano.
- Be a real vegetarian for at least two weeks.
- Paint a picture.
- Use all of my existing flannel w/o buying more.
- Buy and complete a puzzle from the D.I.
- Help stop light pollution.
- Pay off my 10 year old library fine. (Will help with #3)
- Become an early bird instead of a night owl.
- Buy something vintage that I love!
- Learn more about Canadian history.
- Learn how to knit.
- Create something amazing out of something not so amazing.
- Use the fabric that I bought at Mood.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Today as I was driving to school I drove past the local Taco Bell and the marque read "cool off with a frutista freeze". I was instantly depressed. It is only February and people are already searching for ways to beat the heat. How do I live somewhere where that is the reality? We have had a few slightly warmer days this week and it has brought with it great excitement to many... I am not one of the many. While I may enjoy the spring time in St. George, it doesn't last long so the fact that it is already here means that the blistering hot summer is looming on the horizon. When I bring this to peoples attention they usually respond with "the summers aren't that bad" or "we can just spend the summer swimming" or "at least it won't be freezing anymore". I feel as though all of those people who are ushering in summer with open arms have no room to complain when it finally arrives. For this reason I have created a list of all of those so called "hot weather lovers" so they will always be reminded of how badly they wanted melted credit cards, sunburned backs, and stinky sweaty people (if you are among the stinky see Body Odor Prevention).
Hot Weather Lovers
I'm sure that I will be constantly adding to this list. I will update you when the complaining starts (and I know it will).
Next for all of you people who like me, dread the heat of summer I would like to suggest some slightly unconventional slightly ridiculous ways for you to stay cool all summer long. Some are slightly expensive but most are FREE!
Random Crap #8
How To Keep COOL
- Water Balloon Siege Machine - ATTACK!
- Think Cool - Read books about snowy winter days.
- Make Your Own Air Conditioner - Place large blocks of ice in a bowl and place a fan behind it.
- Eat Spicy Foods - Sweat the heat right out of you!
- Stay Downstairs - (or upstairs if that is where your ac unit is)
- Take Off Extra Clothing - This means hats and shoes when you are inside.
- Be Free - Just forget the clothing all together. I would suggest you only do this inside but you do what makes you feel comfortable.
- Go Topless - If you live in NYC (lucky) ladies, leave you shirts at home. It's LEGAL!
- Create Your Own Iceberg - Fill a pool with blocks of ice and float around with them.
- Buy This Pillow - Self-cooling pillow.
- Buy This Vest - Wear it under your clothes (or without any if you choose #7)
- Buy This Shirt - Seriously, I need to own this.
- Freezers Are Great - Freeze your pillowcase.
I'm sure that there are millions more but for now that is all I can think of. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Stay Cool
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Random Crap #7
The most amazing brownie pan on record, all edges. At $45.00 it will be a while before this makes it into my kitchen but just knowing that it will one day happen makes life a little bit happier. Until then, anyone interested in eating the gooey, soggy, sick centers?
Thursday, January 29, 2009
2) A baseball game in San Diego
4) The beach
8) Possible night in Vegas
Amazing right! How can I possibly pass this up. The last time I went to Disneyland it was extremely eventful. It included yummy soup, ex-boyfriends, cute mountain man ride operators, a random lady on the bus you could poor your heart out to, and a ridiculous young man who had to get home to "buy a new shirt" aka stalk his ex. Friendships were strengthened, friendships were destroyed... it was the most glorious three days possible. So now I need to figure out how I can make this new trip happen. What can I say, I am addicted to Disneyland. I tried to find an online support group but there is not currently one in existence. Maybe I will start one. Realistically I know I can't go. We would leave exactly one month after I get home from NYC which means that in one month I would have to save a good $600, plus enough to cover the money that I won't be making over spring break. It is pretty much attempting the impossible. But I believe that when your goal is a worthy one (which Disneyland always is) anything can happen. So here are some of the ways I plan on considering to make some extra cash.
Random Crap #6
Disneyland, here I com...?
1) Garage Sale
2) Organizing Closets
4) Sell Plasma (Sorry Jon)
5) Sell my hair ($300-$900)
6) Join a clinical trial
7) Finally sell all the aprons I have lying around my house
8) Get a paper route (4am... worth it?)
9) Online poker
11) Turn my parents house into a bed and breakfast
12) Lemonade stand/Bake sale
While I know that most of these are unrealistic and won't come close to helping me reach my goal, it's worth a shot. I had a small ray of hope the other day when I was offered a babysitting job that would finance my trip, only to have it ripped away less than 24 hours later (thanks for crushing my dreams). So I am back at square one and in need of more suggestions. Any Ideas?