Friday, April 17, 2009

Not the worst birthday ever...

As stated in my previous post, I do not enjoy my birthday. However this year it was actually somewhat enjoyable. It started with no work or school which I never do on my birthday and it was pretty nice to be able to sleep in. 















Later, Monster and Emery came over and decorated some delectable birthday cupcakes my Grandma H. had made. The kids worked so hard and they turned out awesome! I love those kids!















That night I went out with the ladies aka Mom, Grandma, Auntie M., and Laura. So fun. We went to Wingers which is fast becoming my favorite restaurant for several reasons.
  1. Sticky Finger Wrap (amazing creamy sauce on the side) YUM!
  2. My nephews LOVE it because they give them fruit snacks with their meals.
  3. Blackberry Lemonade
  4. Free Popcorn (also a favorite of my nephews).
  5. You NEVER have to wait for a table even though they have AMAZING food... curious!
  6. There wings (I'm not actually a fan but the guys are which is an excuse for us to go there which I LOVE)!
  7. THEY DON"T SING TO YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! AMAZING!
That's right no singing on your birthday. Certain people there that night were BEGGING for an asphalt pie so I found our waitress and said "it's my birthday, they want cake, please don't sing to me" our amazing waitress informed me that they didn't sing for birthdays and then brought us out a giant piece of pie. I only ate the whip cream but it was delicious.


Following dinner Jon picked me up at Winger's which was not part of the plan but we went back to my house and met Sandi, they then presented me with some seriously amazing birthday gifts. Including 12 new FFF films for FFF Tuesdays(if they ever happen again). As well as these tasty licks...

They may not seem amazing to you but they are to me. They are part of the traditional D.I. portion of my gift...love it! Last but not least I received this amazingness...


This is my new beta fish, affectionately named Ah Me by Jon and Sandi. Complete with Little Mermaid aquarium. That sucker is legit! For those of you who don't know "Ah me, young love" is a quote from Robin Hood. One of our favorite movies of all time.

After present time we went to Pirate Island Pizza. Amazingly Doll Face was there with her hubby so we sat with them and had SO much fun. Unfortunately there they do sing to you but it is a catchy little pirate ditty and we were in our own little alcove so it wasn't that excruciating. Following feeding time we played some games in the arcade and went to watch a movie at Jon's house. Good times.

The next night I had to babysit but I took the kids with me on a family wiener roast in the Gorge. This was pretty fun. It was such a nice day and we were right by the river so after we ate we all went down and played for a while. So fun. I also rode my parents four wheelers for the first time and now I might be addicted. 































































































All in all it was a pretty fun weekend. So thank you to all who participated in any way i.e. calls, texts, little notes, gifts, and those I actually got to see. I love you all!


Special thanks to...
-My dad for letting everyone sing 
   Happy Birthday to him instead of me!
-Celina who was secretly planning on 
   coming down until her boss took
  out the front end of her car. 
   How DARE he!!
-STG friends for a night of 
   amazingness.
-Family for coming to the festivities.
-Gma H., Monster and Emery for the 
   cupcakes!
-Mel for the eggs and flour to make the 
   cupcakes. You rock!
-Miss Kitty for her wise advice 
   (she may have been worth the $100)!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am not a fan of how you get your post just right and then blogger just slaps it all up there however it feels like. Not Cool!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

i love the 1900000000 enters... and with regards to your birthday week, i have one thing to say.

:( why didnt i get to play with you?

Melanie and Curtis said...

Great post Linds! You're so great with our kids..Emmy was lucky to spend the day with you! Also, I am thrilled about the discovery of Wingers..who knew?! AND blackberry lemonade..YUM! That is my most favorite fruit ever. Now we have to back soon, kay?1

Lindsey said...

Melanie
Done! I'm game whenever! I heard about Emery's 1st goal! That is so exciting! I love that girl.

Erin
Enters? and you didn't get to play because you and your cute little family are currently residing in the most amazing city ever and making the big bucks! Next year we will both be in NYC going out for my b-day and everyone else will be soooooooooooo jealous.

● C E L I N A ● said...

I got my car back yesterday...about DIZAMN time.

I love wingers
I love birthdays
I love presents
and have 2 waiting for you.