Monday, March 29, 2010

26 Things In My 26th Year

No, you are not having an insanely amazing dream. I really blogged! I know I know, I haven't blogged in about a year and guess what... I fake miss it (meaning that while the task itself isn't my favorite, it is kind of fun to look back on). So... I am re-recommitting myself. I figure what better way to kick things into gear than by compiling a list of all of the random/amazing things that I would love to accomplish yet can't seem to get to. Maybe this will help me stay motivated! With my 25th birthday fast approaching (I hate my birthday) I decided to make it a 26 by 26 type list. I am fully aware that this is by far the most unoriginal idea on the planet (I'm pretty sure that at least half of the blogs out there have a similar list) however at least MOST of the items on my list came out of my own head. Here we go...

  1. Make 2 REAL quilts. (One for me and one for someone else)
  2. Travel somewhere new.
  3. Read 3 Classics. (Gone with the Wind, Anna Karenina, and Les Miserables)
  4. Learn how to bake bread.
  5. Fill at least one journal.
  6. Take a road trip to somewhere that isn't "just off of I15".
  7. Write someone a REAL letter. (Maybe a prisoner...?)
  8. Find an amazing volunteer opportunity.
  9. Buy a laptop.
  10. Move/have a REAL plan to move far far away.
  11. Perfect the application of eyeliner w/o the use of a Q-tip.
  12. See 6 plays that I have never seen before.
  13. Buy some bright red pumps.
  14. Relearn how to play the piano.
  15. Be a real vegetarian for at least two weeks.
  16. Paint a picture.
  17. Use all of my existing flannel w/o buying more.
  18. Buy and complete a puzzle from the D.I.
  19. Help stop light pollution.
  20. Pay off my 10 year old library fine. (Will help with #3)
  21. Become an early bird instead of a night owl.
  22. Buy something vintage that I love!
  23. Learn more about Canadian history.
  24. Learn how to knit.
  25. Create something amazing out of something not so amazing.
  26. Use the fabric that I bought at Mood.

Easy right. Nothing that is completely unattainable. All things that I have control over and can make happen. Anyone want in on any of my amazing adventures? While typing this list I decided that if... no WHEN I complete everything on this list I am going to go on an amazing trip. Donations are now being accepted as well as destination ideas and travel companion applications. (Yes, you must apply. After my last trip I will not be taking any chances).

3 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

yaaay for your blog!! some thoughts: gone with the wind is the best book i have EVER read, you can make and amazing quilt for my potential baby within the next year, good luck with the bread thing, does your plan to move far away include the spare room in our new jersey/manhattan apartment, and good luck with all of your endeavors!

Lindsey said...

Baby quilt, DONE. Bread (with the help of my non-blood sister), DONE. Spare room (if still an option and employment works out), DONE. It'll be a good year.

Weaveron Textile said...

nice blog...