Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Body Odor Prevention

I am sitting here in the DSC computer lab not doing my homework in part because I don't want to but also because there is a horrifying scent coming from the person next to me. Normally I would just move to a different computer but since there are no more available, here I sit, surrounded by the stench. This is not however my most horrific recent encounter with body odor. Several weeks ago while playing basketball I was assigned to guard a young man who's stench was enveloping the entire room. Needless to say I left him wide open for pretty much the entire game. It wasn't just his stench that kept me at bay but also his constant need to push me away with his butt. I could only take so much and excused myself from the game. Now while I understand that some people can not do anything about their unfortunate body odor, others show visible signs that they could use some help in the hygiene department. For these people I will post some advice.


Random Crap #3


1) After washing with soap and completely drying, immediately apply an underarm antiperspirant.
2) Keep your underarms dry.
3) Try a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water to fight body odor. Use one teaspoon of peroxide (3%) to one cup (8 ounces) of water. Wipe this on affected areas (underarm, feet, groin) with a washcloth. This may help destroy some of the bacteria that creates odor.
4) Wash your clothes often.
5)Change your diet. Sometimes, fatty foods, oils, or strong-smelling foods like garlic, curry, and onions, can seep through your pores and cause body odor
6) Shaving your underarm regularly will help prevent the accumulation of bacteria and can reduce sweat and odor.

Now for those of you who do everything mentioned above and still have issues here are a few products that may help you out.

1) DeodoRite
Support the body’s natural cleansing and detox methods, healthy sweat glands and normal perspiration
http://www.nativeremedies.com/deodorite-herbal-perspiration-remedies

2) “Stop Sweating and Start Living: A Practical Guide to EndingYour Underarm Sweat Problem” eBook!
http://www.preventsweating.com/?hop=solution59

One of these products may be able to help your situation.

For those of you who don't have a problem and still read this, I apologize. For those of you who read this and do have a problem use these helpful tips to improve your situation. Remember, body odor may be accepted in some cultures but it isn't in ours!


Random Gal

3 comments:

● C E L I N A ● said...

OH MY GOSH, I LOVE it. Some people are sooo stinky it makes you want to die.

You shoudl ask nate about the kid they called stench growing up.

Where did you find all this useful information?

Nate and Erin Russell said...

so remember how in p.e. in middle school there was a girl in your class who never showered so you would spray her with your lemon body spray and she would get mad at you?

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh I forgot about her! That is so funny! She would get seriously upset but everyone else was always grateful. I was and still am, just trying to make the world a better place.